TIFF CHANGE INFORMATION
This document describes the changes made to the software between the
previous and current versions (see above). If you don't
find something listed here, then it was not done in this timeframe, or
it was not considered important enough to be mentioned. The following
information is located here:
CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION:
- Updated to use Automake 1.12.4. Avoids security problem with
'make distcheck' (CVE-2012-3386).
CHANGES IN LIBTIFF:
- Various memory buffer access fixes.
- Fix handling when writing RGBA jpeg compressed imagery
- Fix to work properly with IJG JPEG 7+.
- New functions TIFFFieldTag(), TIFFFieldName(),
TIFFFieldDataType(), TIFFFieldPassCount(), TIFFFieldReadCount(),
TIFFFieldWriteCount() to use as external accessors for the opaque
- Fix bug rewriting image tiles in a compressed
- Add TIFF/FX tag support in libtiff.
CHANGES IN THE TOOLS:
- tiff2pdf: Fail when TIFFSetDirectory() fails. This prevents
core dumps or perhaps even arbitrary code execution when processing
a corrupt input file (CVE-2012-3401).
- tiff2pdf: Fix two places where t2p_error didn't get set after a
malloc failure. No crash risk AFAICS, but the program might not
report exit code 1 as desired.
CHANGES IN THE CONTRIB AREA:
Last updated $Date: 2012-09-22 16:12:44 $.