TIFF CHANGE INFORMATION
This document describes the changes made to the software between the
previous and current versions (see above). If you don't
find something listed here, then it was not done in this timeframe, or
it was not considered important enough to be mentioned. The following
information is located here:
- Fixes for CVE-2010-1411.
- Various reported bug fixes.
CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION:
- libtool is updated to version 2.2.10.
CHANGES IN LIBTIFF:
- Fix a couple of issues that trigger failures in some
cases when using TIFFReadScanline() with JPEG compressed
subsampled ycbcr images.
- Ensure tile and scanline sizes are reset when moving to
- Do not generate a JPEGTables tag when creating the JPEG
TIFF as is is not required in order to prevent it from being
unused and filled with invalid data. (Leave it to be
generated by later activity.)
- Don't return error on badly-terminated MMR strips.
- Have TIFFTAG_REFERENCEBLACKWHITE always print 6 floats
instead of 2*SamplesPerPixel.
- Ensure that JPEG quality is always set in
JPEGPreEncode(), not just when we want to output local tables.
Otherwise the quality used during compression may not be right
and might not match the tables in the tables tag. This bug
only occurs when seeking between directories in the midst of
writing blocks. http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3539
- OJPEG: Report an error and avoid a crash if the input
file is so broken that the strip offsets are not defined.
- Eliminate FAX3 decoder buffer overrun possibility
- Restore ReferenceBlackWhite as a non-custom field. This
avoids a multi-thread reentrancy problem as well as fixing
output of wrong tag value due to redundant definitions for the
same tag in the tiffFieldInfo array. Resolves
CHANGES IN THE TOOLS:
- tiff2pdf: Write the JPEG SOI headers into the TIFF strip
data rather than skipping them. This fixes the ability to view in
Acrobat Reader, Evince, and Ghostscript.
- ppm2tiff: While case for parsing comment line
requires extra parenthesis to work as expected. Reported by
- tiffcp: add a new option -x to force merged tiff
file PAGENUMBER value in sequence for users who care the page
sequence, this will also prevent tiff2pdf from creating pdf file from
the merged tiff file with wrong page sequence.
- tiffcp: Applied Tom Lane's patch to reject YCbCr
subsampled data since tiffcp currently doesn't support it.
CHANGES IN THE CONTRIB AREA:
Last updated $Date: 2010-06-11 22:08:01 $.