TIFF CHANGE INFORMATION
This document describes the changes made to the software between the
previous and current versions (see above). If you don't
find something listed here, then it was not done in this timeframe, or
it was not considered important enough to be mentioned. The following
information is located here:
- Fixes a number of bugs present in the 3.9.1 release.
- OJPEG support updated to work with IJG JPEG 7 release.
- Tiffcrop validated for most TIFF storage subformats and sample depths.
CHANGES IN THE SOFTWARE CONFIGURATION:
- x86_64 now uses the same default fill order as i386.
CHANGES IN LIBTIFF:
- Writing tags with an array value of type TIFF_DOUBLE now
returns correct error status. The TIFFTAG_SMINSAMPLEVALUE and
TIFFTAG_SMAXSAMPLEVALUE tags failed to write without this fix.
- OJPEG decoder now works with IJG JPEG 7. Resolves "Bug
2090 - OJPEG crash with libjpeg v7".
- Eliminate most GCC "dereferencing type-punned pointer"
CHANGES IN THE TOOLS:
- New tiffcrop from Richard Nolde. Major updates to add
significant functionality for reading and writing tile based
images with bit depths not a multiple of 8 which cannot be
handled by tiffcp.
- Allow building tools with GCC using the "-Wformat
CHANGES IN THE CONTRIB AREA:
Last updated $Date: 2009-11-04 17:38:13 $.